Saturday, June 18, 2011

Till We Meet Again

After 2 heart episodes and several stays in the hospital my grandpa Burrell passed away a few weeks ago. It is always sad to see a loved one go but we all prayed that he would just go see the other side so he didn't have to be in pain any longer. The funeral was amazing and it was so good to hear all the stories and accomplishments he made while on the earth. He was an amazing husband to my grandma. I don't ever remember going to visit them where they weren't holding hands. They are truely the best example of love for one another.

I did the pics backwards once again. Maybe someday I will get it figured out. The funeral was in Mesa and he was buried here in Safford where he was born and grew up. It is always so touching to see the military farewell. My grandpa was a gunner in WWII and 3 of my cousins are in the military so they were able to do the ceremony. Not sure if it has a name but it was amazing.



My cousin Brian (just returned from Iraq) giving the flag to grandma and saluting.



Last farewell to one of the best examples in all of our lives.





My brothers and cousins were the pall bearers. I'm so glad I have the gospel in my life so I know that we are able to see our loved ones again. I don't know how people are able to cope with death without the knowledge of the plan of salvation.




Love you Grandpa Burrell!! UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!




2 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Sorry to for your loss! Grandpas are the best!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I think one of the hardest things about getting older is watching your parents and grandparents get older and older and then pass away.